4 projects

Working on 4 different projects right now.. 0ne is the middle east diorama, one M48A3 finishing up as in weathering and tracks and two complete builds. I also added a few things to the site that will allow Facebook and Google+ users to post comments if they want. Not sure how it works yet as this is the first post after activating.

Diorama progress- building done and this door..


M48A3 the tracks were not looking right and I want to add more weathering

Wespe is a complete build

Schwerer Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz.232 8-Rad this is another complete build and this will be the early version without the bullet proof plate in the front.


Tamiya Quad Gun Tractor “British”

This completes the model for the diorama, now to finish assembly and painting of the middle east scene. This will take a bit longer than the model and will take up more space as well. This one will be the largest one I’ve built from Minimart and they can be a pain to build but can look awesome if done right. This is the box art link for the Middle east diorama.
Tamiya kit 35045

Click on a picture to view without blur

TAKOM Škoda PA-II “Turtle”

This was something I’m not sure I’d build for myself so when she was serious about me building for her so I did and here you go.

As I had posted on +Google “This odd looking car (Skoda) was something my wife saw and bought because it is cute and she liked it’s nickname “Turtle” and she wanted the WWI style camo that was shown on the box.. BUT she wanted the colors to be bright and cute and no weathering at all. Well I said no to bright colors and talked her into more normal. So this is what I ended up with and now to move on to the rest so she can put it in her sowing room. ”

Now onto the next project….

Click on a picture to view without blur

Tamiya U.S. M4A3E8 Sherman (finished)

This kit did not have a lot of extras so I had to repurpose from broken or unused models. The plank of wood in the front was too small from the last early version Sherman so I made one from a sprue  ID plate  to be placed here  to end up looking like this .

This was going to be the Fury tank but changed my mind and try some new things out. Ended up being more enjoyable this way.

Click on a picture to view without blur

German 3T 4×2 Truck with 2cm Flak 38 (completed and diorama)

Done… I’m really thinking of making another diorama for this set but that will be later as I want to move onto the U.S. tanks.

Front shots:

Click on a picture to view without blur
02-07-2017-0902-07-2017-0802-07-2017-0702-07-2017-0602-07-2017-0402-07-2017-0502-07-2017-0302-07-2017-0202-07-2017-0102-01-2017-0102-01-2017-0202-01-2017-0302-01-2017-0402-01-2017-0502-01-2017-0612-21-2017-0112-21-2017-0212-21-2017-0312-21-2017-0412-21-2017-0512-21-2017-0612-21-2017-0712-21-2017-08open-or-closed-05open-or-closed-04open-or-closed-03open-or-closed-02open-or-closed-01dash-01dash-02dash-04dash-0312-30-2016-1012-30-2016-0912-30-2016-0812-30-2016-07Under side of the chassis still needs to be weatheredChassis and compressor12-30-2016-04used and oilyAfter rustGoing for the steel look

German 3T 4×2 Truck with 2cm Flak 38

Getting close to being done with this gem. The cargo bed and 20mm cannon are completed, all body decals on just need to finish lettering on the license plates. Then weathering and anything else to drop in…. Last is to add this to the diorama 

Next on the list: M24 Chaffee, M4A3E8 Sherman “Easy Eight” and U.S. Tank Destroyer M10

Tamiya U.S. M16 Half Track

I ran across this last year (7/2016) this was started around 1993 maybe 1994 by a good friend of mine. After a few months of working on it he became frustrated with the paint and other things with the model kit. I tried to teach him but at the time lacked the know how to teach him and also lacked the tools and skills to help as well. Now 23 plus years later I ran across his kit almost 50% done and parts scattered all over my part piles of broken or uncompleted models. The decals for this model were dry rotted so I used some from another Half Track. Most of the painting he had done was left, I did clean off one of the doors and one whole side that really showed brush lines and airbrushed a new finish. Then talked him into coming over for the last bit to be done. After that he did not take it with him so I did a little more weathering today then snapped a few pictures to post. On the shelf it goes as completed
If he ever wants it this will be waiting for him..
The blue background is the new pictures
Click on a picture to view without blur